BLOOMBERG BNA WEBINAR EVENT: Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs): Now Even Greater Tax Savings When Selling Businesses
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
12:30 PM - 2:00 PM ET
With careful planning, tax practitioners can help owners of a business sell their stock to an ESOP without having to pay tax at the time of the sale on all or part of the realized gain. Using ESOPs may allow clients to save potentially millions of dollars in taxes and create a company that is exempt from federal tax at either the corporate or the shareholder level.
The faculty for this program will discuss what you need to know to better advise your clients about the use of ESOPs. Gain specialized knowledge on sophisticated transactions involving ESOPs.
- Understand the tax savings to an individual shareholder when selling shares to an ESOP.
- Learn the tax benefits to the company both as a C corporation and as an S corporation.
- Discover the mechanics of ESOPs and investing in proceeds.
- Find out how corporate governance can remain the same after an ESOP sale.
Who would benefit most from attending?
Tax advisors such as CPAs and tax attorneys; estate planners; and investment advisors who have middle market private companies as clients, particularly companies whose owners are looking to either sell the business or pass ownership or control to management or family members.
Program Level: Intermediate (It is assumed that registrants have a working knowledge of ESOPs and their tax advantages as well as of the Internal Revenue Code. Specific tax code sections will be referenced.)
Delivery method: Group Interactive Live
Recommended credit: 1.5 credits
For information about continuing education credit, please visit the Continuing Education Information page.
- Registrants seeking CLE credit will, at the conclusion of the program, be able to apply directly through the webinar interface.
- Registrants seeking CPE credit should, at the conclusion of the program, visit attend.bna.com.
- Bloomberg BNA Subscriber – Webinar and OnDemand formats $149
- Non-Subscriber – Webinar and OnDemand formats $224
- CD with webinar registration $75
- CD without webinar registration $224 / $149
Only paid registrants are eligible for CLE credit for both webinars and OnDemand offerings.
Registration for Legal & Business programs is simple. You may either visit the registration page to register –or– call 1-800-372-1033, Option 6, and refer to the date and title of the program. Lines are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET.