BLOOMBERG BNA WEBINAR EVENT: Hatch-Waxman Patent Settlements in the Aftermath of FTC v. Watson
Tuesday, July 16, 2013
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM ET
The U.S. Supreme Court will soon decide the case of Federal Trade Commission v. Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc., which raises the question of whether so-called “reverse payment” or “pay for delay” settlements of Hatch-Waxman patent cases are lawful under the antitrust laws. The outcome may have a profound impact on the competitive landscape for generic and brand-name pharmaceutical companies, and for the cost to consumers of prescription drugs.
This program will explore the specifics of the Court’s decisions, with practical advice and guidance on how drug companies can and should approach patent litigation under the rule established by the Court.
- Understand the law of Hatch-Waxman patent settlements.
- Learn strategies that innovator and generic drug companies can pursue when involved in Hatch-Waxman litigation.
- Discover whether the Court’s decision alters the careful balance of the Hatch-Waxman system so dramatically that new legislation may be necessary.
- Find out if the decision will have any impact on future biosimilars patent litigation.
Who would benefit most from attending the program?
- Pharmaceutical company in-house counsel and regulatory affairs leaders.
- Patent litigation attorneys.
- Investment banks, venture capitalists, and hedge fund administrators active in the biopharmaceutical space.
Program Level: Intermediate.
Credit Available: This program’s CLE-credit eligibility varies by state.