BLOOMBERG BNA WEBINAR EVENT: Reg FD in the Age of Twitter: Using Social Media without Running Afoul of the SEC
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM ET
When it comes to communicating effectively with their target audiences, public companies today are faced with competing imperatives to optimize their use of social media while observing U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) restrictions on “selective disclosure” of material information. Companies that navigate these waters successfully will reap the advantages of powerful communications strategies without risking enforcement action. General counsel and outside attorneys alike will be faced with a continual stream of issues as communications technologies continue to advance.
The faculty for this program will explain the current environment and give attendees tools they can use to address questions that will inevitably arise in the future.
- Learn how the SEC has enforced Regulation FD since its inception.
- Understand the SEC’s views on Reg FD and how they have developed in response to new technologies.
- Find out about the recent Netflix Report of Investigation, in which the SEC set forth its current views on the use of social media in light of Reg FD, and what this means for companies and their counsel.
- Learn how to implement a social media strategy that maximizes communication without running afoul of Reg FD.
Who would benefit most from attending the program?
This program is designed for all attorneys who work with publicly traded companies in the areas of public relations, investor relations, communications strategy, social media and SEC compliance, including:
- Corporate general counsels and other in-house attorneys.
- Corporate attorneys representing public companies.
- Litigators defending SEC investigations and enforcement actions involving Regulation FD or insider trading.
Program Level: Advanced.
Credit Available: This program’s CLE-credit eligibility varies by state.