BLOOMBERG BNA WEBINAR EVENT: Top 10 Events in Patent Law and Prosecution in 2012
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM ET
This program will provide an overview and analysis of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ issuance of final amendments to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act’s (HIPAA’s) privacy, security and enforcement standards and the breach notification standards under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act.
The faculty will discuss new and amended requirements of the following components of the HIPAA and HITECH standards:
- Requirements for business associates and their subcontractors
- Response to a potential security breach
- Restrictions on the use and disclosure of protected health information for marketing and fundraising
- Limitations on the sale of protected health information
- Research and other secondary uses
- Penalties, vicarious liability and enforcement
- Understand how the revised regulations will affect your HIPAA compliance policies
- Learn how protected health information may be used and disclosed for marketing purposes
- Learn how protected health information may be used for fundraising purposes
- Gain practical tips for preparing an authorization for research and secondary uses of data
- Understand the steps for limiting a covered entity’s liability for acts and omissions of business associates and subcontractors
- Find out practical tips for employer sponsors of group health plans
Who would benefit from attending?
Legal counsel; compliance professionals; privacy and security officers; chief information officers; informaticists and others with responsibilities for HIPAA-covered entities, their business associates and other businesses that handle health information about patients; health plan members; employees and other individuals.
Program Level: Intermediate
Credit Available: CLE. For more information, please click on the “CLE Credit” tab.