Corporate Governance: Corporate Secretaries and Boards
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM ET
Please use promo code LGAUMKTG3 to register for the live webinar at no cost.
This program will provide a comprehensive look at the legal and practical aspects of corporate governance and the role of corporate secretaries in helping boards establish and maintain effective governance.
Topics covered will include a definition of corporate governance, a review of director fiduciary duties, an examination of the role of directors and what they need in order to perform their job well, and an overview of the specific ways in which corporate secretaries interact with boards.
Governance topics and processes are often considered in isolation, and the role of the corporate secretary is often not well understood. Participants in this program will better understand the interrelationship of the various processes in helping to assure effective governance and how important the corporate secretary role can be in the governance process.
• Better understand the particular practices and processes that lead to effective corporate governance.
• Learn about the interrelationship of various governance practices and processes.
• Find out about the practical realities of building a sound governance culture.
Who would benefit most from attending this program?
Individuals holding the following positions within public companies, private companies or nonprofit companies would benefit from attending:
• In-house counsel and senior executives who work with boards of directors
• Outside counsel who work with boards of directors
• Corporate Secretaries and Assistant Secretaries (or equivalent officers)
• Newly appointed Board Chairs and Committee Chairs
• Other board members
• Academics focusing on governance
Program Level: Basic-Intermediate
Credit Available: CLE.