BLOOMBERG BNA WEBINAR EVENT: Golden Parachutes in 2013 and Beyond
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM ET
“Golden parachute” benefits provided to executive officers remain one of the most complex and challenging aspects of structuring a change-in-control transaction and advising your client. Although the basic regulatory framework set forth in Sections 280G and 4999 of the Internal Revenue Code and the related regulations have not changed significantly since adoption, the implementation and practice implications have shifted dramatically, particularly following the enactment of the Dodd-Frank Act and the advent of say-on-pay advisory votes.
Our experienced panel will discuss:
- The current M&A and golden parachute landscape
- The impact of various market participants, such as proxy advisory groups, on golden parachutes
- Practical tips for evaluating change-in-control agreements during an M&A deal
- Structuring transactions and the impact on change-in-control agreements
- Guidance for calculating excise tax obligations in the context of a change in control
In addition, the panelists will address the disclosure and advisory vote requirements for change-in-control transactions under the Dodd-Frank Act, the impact of the say-on-parachute advisory votes, and the fiduciary duty obligations of directors related to change-in-control agreements.
- Learn practical tips for structuring, calculating and evaluating the impact of golden parachute payments in M&A transactions
- Understand the complex disclosure and advisory vote requirements of the Dodd-Frank Act related to golden parachutes
- Gain insight into M&A transaction structuring considerations for golden parachutes
Who would most benefit from attending this program?
In-house counsel, financial officers and other finance department staff, human resources professionals, CPAs and private practice attorneys.
Program Level: Advanced.
Credit Available: This program’s CLE-credit eligibility varies by state.