BLOOMBERG BNA WEBINAR EVENT: Practical Tips on Hiring New Employees, Avoiding Litigation and Protecting Business Interests as Well as the Interests of Those Being Hired
Thursday, August 15, 2013
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM ET
The continued success of any health care organization is tied directly to its ability to develop, protect, and retain its human capital, proprietary information, and key external relationships. In today’s competitive global environment, this objective has never been more important or—given a highly mobile workforce and the increasingly portable nature of digitally stored corporate information—more difficult to accomplish.
The faculty for this program will outline important tips that may be implemented when managing recruitment, hiring, and retention programs as well as developing employment policies that are equally beneficial for those being hired.
- Learn to navigate through an applicant’s existing restrictive covenants
- Understand how to avoid a raiding claim where more than one applicant comes from the same company
- Discover how to deal with trade secrets, potentially confidential information, or other proprietary documents or information in an applicant’s possession
- Learn to draft enforceable restrictive covenants to provide maximum protection for the health care organization’s legitimate business interests
- Find out which changes to anticipate in your health care organization and the law that might affect enforceability of your restrictive covenants
Who would benefit most from attending this program?
Chief legal counsel; compliance directors; human resource directors; chief operating officers.
Program Level: Intermediate
Credit Available: This program’s CLE-credit eligibility varies by state.