Bloomberg Law helps you proactively assist students, professors and others in your law school community. You and your law school get unlimited, unrestricted access to all content on Bloomberg Law, so you can search freely and use the resources in whatever way you see fit. With custom training options, Bloomberg Law makes it easy for you to get started and help others develop their research skills.
Access key resources on Bloomberg Law, including:
- Each Practice Center brings together the resources specific to a practice area. Gain a fuller perspective on a particular issue within a practice area with easy access to integrated primary and secondary resources.
- Company and people information provide new avenues for career research, as well as development activities for your law school. Access the details of companies and get information on the executives, such as their educational backgrounds.
- Bloomberg BNA Law Reports and other news sources enable you to help students and professors discover even more information about possible topics for original scholarship and to stay current on ongoing legal developments to ensure research is well informed and timely.
- Practical guidance that spans practice areas and researcher needs ranges from broad overviews in books and treatises, including Practising Law Institute (PLI) resources, to detailed, scenario-specific information in Bloomberg BNA Portfolios.
- Docket pleadings from real cases and transaction documents let you provide interesting examples for curricula and to help students learn about the processes involved in litigation and transactions.
GET WHAT YOU NEED TO STAY CURRENT
The choice is yours—updates across broad categories or targeted information for specific projects—Bloomberg Law provides you access to timely news and detailed legal analysis that give you and your students an advantage. Thousands of current awareness sources are available on Bloomberg Law, ranging from Bloomberg News, providing (with Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Brief newsletters) more than 5,000 stories a day from 146 news bureaus in 72 countries, and The New York Times to internet sources. Search by topic, industry, region, keywords and more, and when you find the precise results you want, you can set an alert to be notified automatically of breaking news that meets your needs.
Plus, get the analysis that gives you a better understanding of the latest court, legislative and regulatory developments—and their impact on businesses and industries—with Bloomberg BNA Law Reports. The more than 120 Law Reports cover a wide range of practice areas and professional needs and include highly regarded Bloomberg BNA titles like Daily Labor Report®, Daily Tax Report®, Daily Report for Executives™ and The United States Law Week®. You can even access these titles on your mobile device, through our new Bloomberg Law Reports App available to all Bloomberg Law users. Plus, set up Email Notifications to receive emails of the latest articles and updates to the publications you choose, and to get access to those titles through the app.
FIND EXAMPLES TO PREPARE STUDENTS FOR PRACTICE
Because you have unlimited, unrestricted access to everything on Bloomberg Law and powerful fielded searches across many content sets, you can use resources in new ways. With Docket Search, you can find complaints and other pleadings for specific types of cases, before particular judges and more, so students can learn from relevant example documents.
For transactional work, use the DealMaker Document Search for full transaction documents and the DealMaker Clause Search to target specific language. Combine those examples with transaction-focused practical guidance, such as document and clause descriptions, to help students get up to speed for summer associate work and other employment.
SHARE WHAT WORKS WITH YOUR STUDENTS, FACULTY AND MORE
Bloomberg Law comes equipped with easy ways to share what you know to meet the needs of students, faculty and other members of your law school community. Save documents, searches and your own uploaded files to Workspaces that you create and can share with other Bloomberg Law users at your law school. You also can easily package information to share by printing, downloading or emailing using Queue.
GET ASSISTANCE YOUR WAY TO MEET YOUR GOALS
With Bloomberg Law, you have access to personal assistance 24/7 from our Help Desk, staffed by attorneys, law librarians and legal professionals. You also can access online training through live webinars spanning numerous topics each month, as well as on-demand video help through the in-product Help Center. Your Relationship Manager also may coordinate customized training for you and others at your school in areas such as:
- Basic navigation
- Specific features and content (e.g., legislative and regulatory information)
- Selected practice areas (IP, bankruptcy, securities and more) and topics (recent developments in an area of law, for example)
- Practical student activities (e.g., clinics, moot court, mock trial, and law reviews and journals)
- Prepare-to-practice training providing students with the research skills—and the knowledge to maximize the benefits of Bloomberg Law—to be more successful during summer employment and after graduation
LET US KNOW HOW WE CAN HELP
Once you have your username and password, you can start exploring Bloomberg Law.
Register for Bloomberg Law now>>
If you have questions about content or features, or need technical assistance, reach out to our Help Desk 24/7. The Help Desk also can assist you in contacting your Relationship Manager to schedule school-specific training.
Contact us anytime.
1 888 560 BLAW (2529)