Lead the way with access to integrated legal research resources and innovative tools and business information. Prepare your students for the challenges of today and tomorrow and meet your goals for original scholarship. Plus, Bloomberg Law provides personalized training tailored to the needs of your school, including 24/7 phone and email support from legal research professionals and online and in-person training for you and your students.
INTEGRATE BLOOMBERG LAW INTO YOUR CURRICULUM
Customize your curriculum with Bloomberg Law’s integrated primary sources, analysis (including practitioner contributions) and news, as well as Bloomberg’s company and market information. By providing you with unlimited, unrestricted access to so many resources, Bloomberg Law makes it easy to help your students to put knowledge into practice with example litigation and transaction documents and more.
Let us show you how to make the most of Bloomberg Law in your classroom with:
- Real-world examples for transactions and litigation that enable students to understand how what they are learning translates into preparation for classes and practice through skills courses; activities such as moot court and mock trial; and contracts, civil procedure and criminal procedure.
- DealMaker Document Search that helps you find examples of particular agreements and clauses to use when discussing what to consider while drafting and preparing agreements.
- Docket Search that enables you to locate examples of particular types of complaints and briefs for insight into the components and process of litigation, as well as into how different judges may respond to similar arguments.
- Legislative features that offer easy ways to access statutes and federal legislation (including fielded search options), as well as news that provides the context for what is happening, including learning more about how the legislative process impacts business activity and the stock market.
- Regulatory features that enable students to stay up to date on the most recent federal rulemaking activity, by regulator, with the Monitor Regulators page. Students also can review major court challenges to federal agency actions using the Selected Actions Challenged Index, helping them understand more about administrative law.
- News that enables students to stay on top of current events discussed in class and provides them with developments that can impact the validity of arguments made in briefs within skills courses and activities such as moot court and mock trial.
- The United States Law Week® that helps students learn more about Supreme Court activity, including circuit splits that can be the source of law review article ideas.
- Company and market information that provides students with a more complete picture of the companies involved in cases and the stakes of litigation, transactions, legislation and regulation.
Bloomberg Law makes it easy to integrate our content and tools into your legal research and writing (LRW) curriculum—with Bloomberg Law’s guide written specifically for LRW professors and customized training options. The guide contains information on traditional first-year concepts and advanced legal research topics so you can use it for a variety of classes. In addition, Bloomberg Law provides training to you and your students to meet your needs, from basic legal research skills to making transactional drafting more efficient
START STUDENTS ON THE RIGHT PATH
Our user-friendly interface combined with superior customer service means that you can feel confident jumping right into research and encouraging your students to do the same. The content and tools available to law school students are the same ones offered to practitioners at all firms, government agencies and corporations, meaning your students’ skills on Bloomberg Law translate seamlessly into practice.
STAY AHEAD IN YOUR SPECIALTY
Bloomberg Law provides you with resources to keep your career moving forward. With access to thousands of news and analysis sources, we make it easy to track the latest court, legislative and regulatory developments and legal trends. Start with more than 120 Bloomberg BNA Law Reports covering a wide range of practice areas and move to news, including more than 5,000 stories published each day by Bloomberg News, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Brief newsletters
What’s more, you also have access to feeds of premium news sources such as The New York Times; reference resources such as journals, periodicals, newspapers and magazines; and thousands of internet sources, including both industry-specific and general interest blogs. You can set up customized alerts to automatically receive emails listing the latest news stories that match the keywords and other criteria you establish. Alerts are also available for other Bloomberg Law content, including Email Notifications for the Bloomberg BNA Law Reports.
Learn more about the companies and people behind legal and business developments with Bloomberg Law’s detailed company profiles for all public companies and many private companies, law firms, and government agencies. Discover relevant company information—news; stock performance; company data (such as management profiles and issuer credit ratings); and litigation information (including dockets)—all in one location. Quickly generate reports you can share with others. People profiles are also searchable separate from company profiles and include career information as well as links to related news, and for judges, links to related opinions and dockets.
LET US KNOW HOW WE CAN HELP
Once you have your username and password, you can start exploring Bloomberg Law.
Register for Bloomberg Law now>>
If you have questions about content or features, or need technical assistance, reach out to our Help Desk 24/7. The Help Desk also can assist you in contacting your Relationship Manager to schedule school-specific training.
Contact us anytime.
1 888 560 BLAW (2529)