Bloomberg Law gives you the tools you need to succeed in your coursework and to start your career on the right path. Take advantage of fully integrated legal resources, tools, exclusive news and company information—in one place. With unlimited access you’ll get more from your research, including the full picture of any issue or fact pattern.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF:
- Cases, statutes and BCiteSM (for verifying your research and finding other on-point cases)
- Books, treatises and practical guidance materials to help you learn about new areas of law and new projects—plus examples of litigation briefs and transaction documents
- Company and people profiles to help with career research
- Resources, like news, to help you stay current on topics of legal and general interest
- Notepad for your notes and Workspaces to collaborate with other students and professors at your school
BE PREPARED TO EXCEL IN THE CLASSROOM
With Bloomberg Law you have access to cases, statutes, news and other resources that you need to complete assignments and stay current. The <Go> Bar helps you quickly start your research from anywhere in Bloomberg Law and enables you to find cases, dockets, books, news, and information on people and companies, with keywords and search operators; case and party names; or citations. Once you find a case of interest, view related dockets and use the Bloomberg Law CitatorSM, BCiteSM, to help you determine if your research is on track.
GO FURTHER WITH YOUR ACTIVITIES
Unlimited, unrestricted access to integrated legal and business resources on Bloomberg Law opens up new avenues for research for law reviews and journals, moot court, mock trial and clinics. Bloomberg Law gives you cases, statutes, commentary and analysis, news, company and market information and more—including The United States Law Week®—so you can examine the different angles of your research ideas.
HIT THE GROUND RUNNING IN PRACTICE
Prepare for practice before beginning work over the summer. Bloomberg Law provides you with access to the same content and tools practitioners use at law firms, corporate legal departments and government agencies. Using the Bloomberg Law platform to conduct research in law school will simultaneously prepare you for success in the workforce after graduation, regardless of the type of legal career you pursue.
BUILD YOUR CAREER
Bloomberg Law provides tools that enable users to be extremely prepared in an interview session by combining traditional legal research resources with information and advice on what it takes to rise to the top. Use Bloomberg Law to learn about the attorneys conducting the interviews and how they practice law and serve clients, so you can move one step closer to landing the offer you want. Tools for career research include:
- Docket Search that makes it easy to review the litigation in which the firm and the attorney who may be interviewing you are engaged.
- DealMaker Document Search that enables you to find agreements and other transaction documents drafted by the attorney or firm, and to learn from it for other transaction documents on which you may work.
- Law Firm Research content including newsletters and other updates on legal developments drafted by attorneys at top firms so you can learn more about what a firm thinks is important to its clients.
- Company profiles and reports that help you walk into an interview prepared to talk about the firm’s clients, key companies of interest and the broader markets in which the firm’s clients operate.
USE BLOOMBERG LAW BEYOND THE CLASSROOM
Often, the best way to learn a skill is to apply it in real life. Bloomberg Law encourages you to use your account during summer employment and for six months after graduation to help you secure your dream job and enable you to be a standout attorney from day one.
LET US KNOW HOW WE CAN HELP
Once you have your username and password, you can start exploring Bloomberg Law.
Register for Bloomberg Law now>>
If you have questions about content or features, or need technical assistance, reach out to our Help Desk 24/7. The Help Desk also can assist you in contacting your Relationship Manager to schedule school-specific training.
Contact us anytime.
1 888 560 BLAW (2529)