Take the research skills you’ve developed using Bloomberg Law for your classes and quickly start developing your career. Bloomberg Law gives you the content and tools you need to be prepared for your interviews by combining legal content, business information, and practical advice on what it takes to succeed in interviews, as a summer associate, and more. You can move one step closer to getting the position you want by using Bloomberg Law to learn about the attorneys conducting the interviews, how they practice law, and the clients they serve.
BUILD YOUR CAREER
Bloomberg Law provides tools that enable users to be well prepared in an interview by combining traditional legal research resources with information and advice on what it takes to rise to the top. Use Bloomberg Law to learn about the attorneys conducting the interviews and how they practice law and serve clients, so you can move one step closer to landing the offer you want. Tools for career research include:
- Docket Search and alerts, as well as Breaking Complaints, make it easy to review and stay up to date on the litigation of a firm or an attorney who may be interviewing you, including the strategies they use.
- DealMaker Document and Clause Searches enable you to find deals and other agreements drafted by a firm or an attorney you hope to meet.
- Law Firm Research includes newsletters and other updates on legal developments drafted by attorneys at top firms so you can learn about the issues that a firm thinks are important and trends in practice areas.
- Company Profiles and reports help you walk into an interview prepared to talk about the firm’s clients — including the litigation they are involved in and the people who run them.
- People Profiles provide you details about federal judges, such as their cases and their educational background, as well as information about some of the attorneys you might meet with and alumni from your law school.
- News searches (across Bloomberg News, Bloomberg Businessweek, The New York Times, and over 50,000 other sources) and alerts help you stay current on the latest developments regarding a firm, a practice area, and more.
GET KEY INSIGHT
While you are in school, building your network, you may want expert advice from those who have been through it all. Bloomberg Law passes on the wisdom of practitioners through video series that focus on how to ace your interviews and to succeed as a summer associate. Plus, you can gain insight into more career topics through Career Insights articles and additional Bloomberg Law videos on a variety of topics — including interviews of attorneys discussing their biggest deals.
Here is an excerpt from “Seven Practical Principles for Associates to Live By.” Read about the rest of the principles on Bloomberg Law>>
Below is an excerpt from ” Ask the Hiring Attorney: How can I sound qualified for a practice area when I don’t have any experience?” Keep reading on Bloomberg Law>>
PREPARE TO PRACTICE
Bloomberg Law provides you with the training you need to make the most of our content and resources and a good first and second impression during summer employment and after graduation. Prepare to Practice training — offered each spring — features information on how to use our litigation and transactional resources to get up to speed on drafting projects you may see at a firm or even a court. You’ll learn more about how to find example litigation and transaction documents relevant to your assignment so you can see the kind of language that has been used before by your firm or opposing counsel.
In addition, we offer a certification program so that once you have demonstrated your depth of knowledge of Bloomberg Law, you can show that off to potential employers in the form of a certificate stating your accomplishment.
For more information on this and other training opportunities available at your school, see the Training & Events section in the top right corner of your default homepage after you log in. Don’t have a log in yet? Register for Bloomberg Law>>
Learn more about how Bloomberg Law can help you build your career. Download Career Brochure>>