Banking & Finance
Whether you’re looking for key details on the latest FDIC guidance, or need to search crucial statutes and regulations, Bloomberg Law’s Banking & Finance Practice Center gives you integrated legal and business intelligence, so that you can proactively assess new financial sector laws and regulations. Plus, you can track international banking news, and monitor the actions and initiatives of government agencies and other standard-setting and regulatory bodies.
SEARCH EXTENSIVE REGULATORY RESOURCES
Get fast access to opinions, interpretations, guidance and manuals from important regulatory agencies, including the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (FRB), the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and more. Plus, search any combination of regulatory materials you want–all at once–through the easy-to-use practice-area search interface.
Count on Bloomberg Law for detailed Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System resources including:
- Interpretive and Supervisory Letters
- Other Guidance and Interpretation
- Federal Register Notices
- Bank Holding Company Supervision Manual
- BSA/AML Examination Manual
- Commercial Bank Examination Manual
- Consumer Compliance Manual
- Examination Manual for U.S. Branches and Agencies of Foreign Banking Organizations
- Trading and Capital Markets Manual
- User’s Guide or the Bank Holding Company Report
- Press Releases
STAY CURRENT WITH LAW REPORTS
Bloomberg BNA Law Reports deliver essential and reliable commentary and analysis on legislative, regulatory and judicial developments affecting the banking and finance industry. Stay informed and advise your clients with confidence with wide-ranging coverage from Banking Daily™ or BNA’s Banking Report™ (published weekly) and international coverage from International Business & Finance Daily™. Find out more about specific segments of the industry with titles such as the Real Estate Law & Industry Report® and the Accounting Policy & Practice Report® .
SPECIALIZED NEWS KEEPS YOU INFORMED
Stay on top of the issues that are most important to your practice and your clients with up-to-the-minute banking and finance news from sources that include Bloomberg News, Bloomberg Businessweek and many others. Plus, gain unlimited access to news from thousands of additional sources through Bloomberg Law’s dedicated Banking & Finance News page. Browse articles by regulator, industry segments and hot topics. Take advantage of access to journals and periodicals like American Banker, and use suggested searches of topics of interest to streamline your research time.
Additional Content Highlights:
- Opinions & Dockets make it easy to access our extensive database of dockets and opinions, including FDIC Receivership opinions, MERS opinions, DOJ Fair Lending Enforcement Dockets, Financial Regulation Dockets and more. Narrow broader searches with quick filters that allow you to sort documents by judge, industry and topic.
- Federal Laws & Regulations provide you with the ability to browse the Federal Register by agency, as well as locate specific codified federal laws with the ability to drill down your search into specific sections of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act and more.
- Congressional Materials give you access to bills, reports, testimony and transcripts from the House and Senate Committees. Other materials include sources from the Government Accountability Office (GAO), cost estimates from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) and updates from Bloomberg’s Washington Daybook.
- State Laws & Model Acts including the Model Consumer Credit Code, Uniform Commercial Code, Uniform Money Services Act, Selected Uniform State Laws and additional state banking laws provide you with the standard information you need to make informed business decisions.
- Regulatory Agencies contains a comprehensive listing of key agencies, including the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (FRB), Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). Each agency includes a dedicated section with links to search databases of staff letters, enforcement decisions, rulemaking comment letters and other materials.
- Banking & Transactional Resources give you the tools you need to streamline your workflow and manage your projects with ease. Materials include detailed guides designed to provide you with quick access to materials ranging from laws, regulations and analysis on critical topics, plus access to a searchable database containing millions of clauses from real transactions from attorney-selected categorizations.
- Books & Treatises give you timely insight on particular areas of banking and finance law with a variety of practical guidance publications from the American Bar Association (ABA), Practising Law Institute (PLI), and Bloomberg BNA. Featured titles include:
- American Factoring Law
THE AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION
- Financial Statement Analysis and Business Valuation for the Practical Lawyer
- Fundamentals of Corporate Governance: A Guide for Directors and Corporate Counsel
- Handbook for the Conduct of Shareholders’ Meetings
- In-House Counsel Essential Toolkit
- Internal Corporate Investigations
- International Mergers and Acquisitions Due Diligence
- The ABCs of the UCC: (Revised) Article 1: General Provisions
- The ABCs of the UCC: (Revised) Article 7: Documents of Title
- The ABCs of the UCC: (Revised) Article 9: Secured Transactions
- The ABCs of the UCC: Article 3: Negotiable Instruments and Article 4: Bank Deposits and Collections
- The ABCs of the UCC: Article 4A: Funds Transfers
- The ABCs of the UCC: Article 5: Letters of Credit
- The ABCs of the UCC: Article 8: Investment Securities
- The ABCs of the UCC: Related Insolvency Law
- The ABCs of the UCC: Related and Supplementary Consumer Law
- Truth in Lending
GETTING THE DEAL THROUGH
- Banking Regulation
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Data Protection and Privacy
- Private Equity-Fund Formation
- Private Equity-Transactions
- Project Finance
- Real Estate
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Securities Finance
THE PRACTISING LAW INSTITUTE
- A Practical Guide to the Red Flags Rules: Identifying and Addressing Identity Theft Risks
- Asset-Based Lending: A Practical Guide to Secured Financing
- Bankruptcy Deskbook
- Consumer Financial Services Answer Book
- Corporate Whistleblowing in the Sarbanes-Oxley Era
- Covered Bonds Handbook
- Credit Market and Subprime Distress – Responding to Legal Issues
- Documenting Secured Transactions: Effective Drafting and Litigation
- Drafting for Corporate Finance
- Equipment Leasing-Leveraged Leasing
- Exempt and Hybrid Securities Offerings
- Financial Institutions Answer Book 2012: Law, Governance, Compliance
- Financial Product Fundamentals: Law-Business-Compliance
- Hillman on Commercial Loan Documentation
- Legal Opinions in Business Transactions
- Mortgage Finance Regulation Answer Book
- Pocket MBA 1: Everything an Attorney Needs to Know About Finance
- Pocket MBA 2: Everything an Attorney Needs to Know About Finance
- Pocket MBA 3: Everything an Attorney Needs to Know About Finance
- Proskauer on Privacy: A Guide to Privacy and Data Security Law in the Information Age
- Private Equity Funds: Formation and Operation
- Sovereign Wealth Funds: A Legal, Tax and Economic Perspective
- Structured Finance: A Guide to the Principles of Asset Securitization
- The Securities Law of Public Finance
- Working with Contracts: What Law School Doesn’t Teach You
- Bloomberg BNA Portfolios provide expert guidance and resources written by leading experts on precise topics within the areas of banking, accounting, auditing and trusts. Specific titles include Accounting Principles and Financial Statements, Audit Committee Oversight Effectiveness Post Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Tying Arrangements, and more.
- Bloomberg News, Bloomberg Businessweek and the Banking & Finance News page together offer relevant news from thousands of sources.