Bloomberg Law’s Bankruptcy Practice Center features the tools and resources that help you stay up to date on changes in bankruptcy and restructuring, track recent filings, motions and decisions, and implement revisions to bankruptcy rules and forms. From detailed intelligence on federal and bankruptcy court dockets and opinions, to step-by-step guidance through all levels of the bankruptcy process from American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) treatises, Bloomberg Law helps increase the value you bring to your clients.
GET DETAILED PRACTITIONER-WRITTEN ANALYSIS
Get a deeper understanding of bankruptcy law issues with our extensive collection of books and treatises written by top practitioners for practitioners. Take advantage of treatises from the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI), which help practitioners of all levels get up to speed quickly on a wide variety of crucial topics. Choose from the ABI primers and guides on fundamental concepts of bankruptcy law or use one of the treatises that provides step-by-step guidance for particular players in the bankruptcy process. Easily find what you need in an ABI treatise by using keywords to search the table of contents or the text under a specific heading.
DIG DEEPER INTO BANKRUPTCY FILINGS
Unlimited, unrestricted searching and alerting for dockets makes it easy to learn more and save time. Bloomberg Law enables you to quickly search U.S. bankruptcy filings by chapter number and to find U.K. insolvency filings. You also can start searches by type of court and specific court across U.S. opinions, dockets or local rules.
GET SPECIALIZED NEWS AND COMMENTARY
Stay current on bankruptcy news and issues your clients care about. Bill Rochelle, editor-at-large and bankruptcy columnist for Bloomberg News, keeps you up to date on the latest bankruptcy issues each weekday through the Bankruptcy Morning Briefing and a separate audio podcast with Bloomberg Law’s Lee Pacchia. The Morning Briefings provide an overview of the day’s top bankruptcy news, while the podcasts include in-depth discussion of current bankruptcy and reorganization issues.
Additional Content Highlights:
- Courts, Opinions & Dockets from the Federal and U.S. Bankruptcy Courts, plus the U.S. Bankruptcy Appellate Panel (BAP). Additional resources like Bankruptcy Basics, published by the Administrative Office of the United States Bankruptcy Courts, provide key information on the federal bankruptcy laws.
- Federal Laws & Rules include the Bankruptcy Code (U.S.C. Title 11) and a quick reference guide to other bankruptcy provisions in the U.S. Code; the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 and prior bankruptcy acts; and the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure, including official bankruptcy forms.
- State Laws & Uniform Acts provide quick reference to state insolvency laws, the Uniform Fraudulent Transfer and Conveyance Acts, plus a detailed outline of the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Bankruptcy Filings make it easy to search through our database of bankruptcy dockets, access a listing of significant Chapter 15 cross-border insolvency proceedings or browse the most recent Chapter 11 filings.
- Books & Treatises give you valued access to timely insight on a particular area of Bankruptcy law with a variety of practical guidance publications from the Practising Law Institute (PLI), quick overviews of international laws through the Getting the Deal Through series and other materials like American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) treatises. Titles include:
PRACTISING LAW INSTITUTE
- Bankruptcy Deskbook
- Personal Bankruptcy Answer Book
- Asset-Based Lending: A Practical Guide to Secured Financing
- Drafting for Corporate Finance
GETTING THE DEAL THROUGH
- Restructuring and Insolvency
- Securities Finance
- Corporate Governance
THE AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION
- Bankruptcy Deadline Checklist, 4th Edition
- Business Bankruptcy Essentials
THE AMERICAN BANKRUPTCY INSTITUTE
- A Comparison Shopping Guide for 363 Sales
- A Practitioner’s Guide to Pre-packaged Bankruptcy: A Primer
- The ABI Guide to Bankruptcy Mediation
- ABI Guide to Cross-border Insolvency in the United States
- ABI Preference Handbook
- ABI’s Bankruptcy Appeals Manual: Winning Your Bankruptcy Appeal
- ABI’s Pension Manual: A Practical Guide to Pension Issues Arising in Business Bankruptcy Cases
- ABI’s Quick Evidence Handbook
- Auto Supplier Insolvencies & Bankruptcies: Issues for Suppliers and Customers of Financially Troubled Auto Suppliers
- Bankruptcy and Debt under the Service Members Civil Relief Act
- Bankruptcy Fundamentals for the Financial Services Industry: A Handbook for Non-Lawyers
- Bankruptcy Issues for State Trial Court Judges
- Bankruptcy Litigation Manual: What Civil Litigators Need To Know
- Bankruptcy Overview: Issues, Law and Policy
- Bankruptcy Telecommunications Manual
- Bankruptcy and Insurance Law Manual
- Bankruptcy and Its Impact on Intellectual Property Law
- Bankruptcy in Practice
- Bankruptcy: A Survival Guide for Lenders
- Chapter 11-101: The Essentials of Chapter 11 Practice
- Chapter 13 in 13 Chapters
- Commercial Fraud Manual
- Consumer Bankruptcy: Fundamentals of Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code
- Creditors’ Committee Manual
- European Union Regulation on Insolvency Proceedings: An Introductory Analysis
- General Assignments for the Benefit of Creditors: The ABCs of ABCs
- Getting Paid: Retention and Compensation in Bankruptcy Cases – A Guide for Non-attorney Professionals and the Attorneys Who Represent Them
- Handbook on Second Lien Loans & Intercreditor Agreements
- Health Care Insolvency Manual
- Municipalities in Peril: The ABI Guide to Chapter 9
- Pre-bankruptcy Planning for the Commercial Reorganization: A Brief Guide for the CEO, CFO/COO, General Counsel and Tax Advisor
- Preference Defense Handbook: The Circuits Compared
- Reaffirmation Agreements in Consumer Bankruptcy Cases
- Retention and Payment: Essentials of Being Retained and Paid as Debtor’s Counsel in Chapter 11
- The Bankruptcy Court’s Watchdog: The Appointment, Role and Power of Examiners Today
- Thorny Issues in Consumer Bankruptcy Cases
- Trade Creditor Remedies Manual: Trade Creditors’ Rights under the UCC and the U.S. Bankruptcy Code
- When Worlds Collide: Bankruptcy and Its Impact on Domestic Relations and Family Law
- Bloomberg BNA Law Reports such as the Bankruptcy Law Reporter™, keep you informed on timely bankruptcy issues that your clients care about.
- Bloomberg News, Bloomberg Businessweek and the Bankruptcy News page together offer relevant news from thousands of sources.