Whether you’re looking for key details on an important patent application or need to gain a clear understanding of a controversial Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) opinion, Bloomberg Law’s Intellectual Property Practice Center helps you find the answers with our specialized Patent Search; in-depth analysis from treatises, including Harmon on Patents: Black-Letter Law & Commentary; and primary sources. Stay current on developments with practitioner analysis from the Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Daily™.
THE GOLD STANDARD IN IP CASE LAW INFORMATION
Get to the heart of each matter with The United States Patents Quarterly® (USPQ), which includes every significant IP case since 1929. Access the full-text decisions of the most significant patent, trademark and copyright law cases on record. Headnotes are organized by topic into the searchable USPQ classification outline, so you can quickly find critical federal and state decisions.
EXECUTE ADVANCED PATENT SEARCHES
Use the specialized Patent Search or Patent Assignment Search tools to narrow your search, and quickly find specific U.S. patents or applications with fielded search options or keywords. Easily apply custom searches across all patents or specific sections, like claims or specifications. Identify related documents concerning a specific patent, including other patents, court opinions and dockets.
GET TRUSTED INSIGHT
Gain valuable perspective from a wide range of legal publications, books and treatises in your IP law practice. From leading Bloomberg BNA Law Reports like the Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Daily® and World Intellectual Property Report™ to authoritative treatises like Harmon on Patents: Black-Letter Law & Commentary, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of critical patent, trademark and copyright legal issues.
Additional Content Highlights:
- Practice Pages are designed to give you quick access to directories of content and relevant resources for the following practice areas:
- Patent Law
- Trademark Law
- Copyright Law
- Trade Secret Law
- International IP Law
- Technology & Internet Law
- Privacy & Information Law
- Laws & Regulations provide you with the ability to browse key patent laws, including the Patent Act, America Invents Act (H.R. 1249) and patent regulations. Other resources include quick reference to the Trademark Act, the Copyright Acts of 1976 and 1909, and State Trade Secret Laws.
- Opinions and Dockets let you quickly search decisions and dockets from areas such as patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret law.
- Regulatory Agencies offer a comprehensive listing of key agencies, including the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, U.S. Copyright Office, International Trade Commission, Federal Trade Commission, Food & Drug Administration, World Intellectual Property Organization and UK Intellectual Property Office. Each dedicated section includes links to search databases of manuals, forms, relevant news and information, and other materials.
- Books & Treatises give you valued access to timely insight on a particular area of intellectual property law with a variety of practical guidance publications from the Practising Law Institute (PLI), quick overviews of international laws through the Getting the Deal Through series, and other materials like Bloomberg BNA books and portfolios. Titles include:
- Harmon on Patents: Black-Letter Law & Commentary
- Drafting Patent License Agreements
- Patents and the Federal Circuit
- Biotechnology and the Federal Circuit
- Patent Law and Practice
- Pharmaceutical Patent Law
- Trademarks and Related Unfair Competition Law
- Trade Secrets: Protection and Remedies
GETTING THE DEAL THROUGH IP TREATISES
- Data Protection
- Intellectual Property and Antitrust
- Life Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Antitrust
- Right of Publicity
- Telecoms and Media
PRACTISING LAW INSTITUTE
- Federal Circuit Yearbook, 2008-10
- A Practical Guide to Life Sciences Companies: Commercializing & Protecting Innovation
- A Practical Guide to the Red Flag Rules: Identifying and Addressing Identity Theft Risks
- Advertising and Commercial Speech: A First Amendment Guide
- Advising High Technology Companies
- All About Rights for Visual Artists
- Art Law
- Copyright Law: A Practitioner’s Guide
- Faber on Mechanics of Patent Claim Drafting
- How to Write a Patent Application
- Kane on Trademark Law: A Practitioner’s Guide
- Likelihood of Confusion in Trademark Law
- Intellectual Property Law Answer Book, 2011-12
- Outsourcing: A Practical Guide to Law and Business
- Patent Law: A Practitioner’s Guide
- Patent Licensing: Strategy, Negotiation, and Forms
- Patent Litigation
- Pharmaceutical and Biotech Patent Law
- Proskauer on Privacy: A Guide to Privacy and Data Security in the Information Age
- Sack on Defamation, Libel, Slander & Related Problems
- Substantial Similarity in Copyright Law
- Trade Secrets: A Practitioner’s Guide
- Law Reviews & Journals contain a library of topical information and analysis from sources like the Law Journal of the International Trademark Association (INTA), Yale Journal of Law and Technology, Marquette Intellectual Property Law Review, Rutgers Computer & Technology Law Journal, and Journal of High Technology Law.
- The Intellectual Property News page together offer relevant news from thousands of sources, including Bloomberg News and Bloomberg Businessweek.