Labor & Employment
From an unmatched collection of arbitration cases and awards, to expert insights from Bloomberg BNA’s Daily Labor Report®, to the latest NLRB decisions, Bloomberg Law’s Labor & Employment Practice Center delivers news and analysis from the front lines of the most contentious issues in labor and employment law. Get expert perspectives from leading practitioners’ Insights articles and access practice tools for wage and hour, FMLA, discrimination, EEOC complaints, OFCCP and more.
GET THE ANSWERS YOU NEED WITH BLOOMBERG BNA PORTFOLIOS
Bloomberg BNA Portfolios give you expert insight and guidance into the pressing labor and employment issues facing employers and litigators. Detailed working papers also provide useful sample documents and guidelines you can put to use immediately as situations arise in your work.
OBTAIN EXPERT GUIDANCE WITH BLOOMBERG BNA MANUALS
Manuals bring you easy-to-search, well-organized guidance for a range of issues in fields like Wage and Hours and individual employee rights. You’ll have the latest analysis into the various aspects of the largest labor and employment issues with the ability to quickly drill down into the specific area you need.
STAY CURRENT WITH LAW REPORTS
News and analysis from Bloomberg’s BNA’s Daily Labor Report, including weekly summaries of official NLRB decisions, a Leading the News section that focuses on the day’s top story and Economic News that includes statistics and discussion.
Additional Content Highlights:
- Laws & Regulations on key areas like Americans with Disabilities Act laws and regulations, National Labor Relations Act, the EEOC regulations on federal sector equal employment opportunity, state wage & hour laws and regulations and more.
- Opinions & Dockets put you in touch with our extensive database of documents and outlines ranging from U.S. Supreme Court Employment Labor Law Opinions to Bloomberg BNA Labor Arbitration Decisions. In addition, Bloomberg BNA Classification Outlines are available that enable more targeted research in several areas, such as Wage & Hour and Individual Employment Rights. Narrow broader searches with quick filters that allow you to sort documents by judge, industry and content type.
- Transactional Resources make it easy to find detailed descriptions and example documents for common agreements such as Consulting, Employment and Collective Bargaining Agreements. Locate example documents with ease using Bloomberg Law’s DealMaker Document Search function.
- Books & Treatises from sources like Bloomberg BNA, the Practising Law Institute (PLI), the American Bar Association (ABA) and the Getting the Deal Through series, let you search and browse through titles that include:
- Canadian Labour and Employment Law for the U.S. Practitioner
- Disability Discrimination and the Workplace
- Drafting and Enforcing Covenants Not to Compete
- EEOC Litigation and Charge Resolution
- Global Employee Privacy and Data Security Law
- Just Cause: The Seven Tests
- The Pregnancy Discrimination Act: A Guide for Plaintiff Employment Lawyers
- Privacy in Employment Law
- Reductions in Force in Employment Law
- Section 409A Handbook
- Whistleblowing: The Law of Retaliatory Discharge
- The Common Law of the Workplace: The View of Arbitrators
- Directory of U.S. Labor Organizations
- Fairweather’s Practice Procedure in Labor Arbitration
- How to Cost Your Labor Contract
- How to Prepare and Present a Labor Arbitration Case
- Negotiating a Labor Contract: A Management Handbook
- NLRA Rights in the Nonunion Workplace
- Winning Arbitration Advocacy
- Winning at the NLRB
AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION
- In-House Counsel Essential Toolkit – Employment Law
GETTING THE DEAL THROUGH
- Dispute Resolution
- Labour & Employment
PRACTISING LAW INSTITUTE
- American Arbitration: Principles and Practice
- Corporate Compliance Answer Book 2010
- Corporate Whistleblowing in the Sarbanes-Oxley/Dodd-Frank Era
- Deskbook on Internal Investigations, Corporate Compliance and White Collar Issues
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability
- Disability Law Deskbook: The Americans with Disabilities Act in the Workplace
- Doing Business Under the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Employment Law Yearbook from 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Labor Management Answer Book 2011 and 2012
- PLI’s Guide to the SEC’s Executive Compensation and Related Party Transaction Disclosure Rules
- PLI’s Guide to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act for Business Professionals
- Proskauer on Privacy: A Guide to Privacy and Data Security Law in the Information Age
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Deskbook
- Trade Secrets: A Practitioner’s Guide
- Deskbook on Internal Investigation, Corporate Compliance & White Collar Issues
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability
- Bloomberg BNA Portfoliosare part of Bloomberg Law’s extensive library of secondary source material. Access in-depth guidance and detailed analysis for a variety of practice related topics including:
- Employment Discrimination Law
- Practice and Procedure Before the National Labor Relations Board
- Practice Under the Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Reductions in Force
- Executive Employment Agreements
- Bloomberg News, Bloomberg Businessweek and the Labor & Employment News page together offer relevant news from thousands of sources.