Whether you’re outlining the details of post-merger tax liabilities, or analyzing different scenarios for a client’s estate, Bloomberg Law’s Tax Practice Center helps you solve your most complex tax challenges. Get expert insights from more than 500 practitioner-written Bloomberg BNA Portfolios, stay current with the latest developments and perspectives in the Daily Tax Report® and access fully integrated primary sources, including the Internal Revenue Code, proposed legislation, opinions and dockets.
GET THE ANSWERS YOU NEED WITH bloomberg BNA PORTFOLIOS
Our award-winning tax Portfolios are written by leading expert practitioners especially for practitioners and uniquely offer topic-driven, in-depth guidance designed to help tax professionals save research time and resolve complex tax issues. Covering a wide range of specific topics, you’ll quickly locate comprehensive analysis and alternative approaches to any given tax or financial issue. Each Portfolio includes access to detailed analysis, accompanied by precise citations and working papers that include relevant forms, documents and other research tools.
TRACK KEY COVERAGE FROM INDUSTRY EXPERTS
Track critical tax issues that influence the way you do business with Bloomberg BNA’s Law Reports including the Daily Tax Report®. From staying on top of significant developments in Congress, regulatory agencies and the courts, to preparing for tax audits and litigation with analyses of key tax-related court rulings, each Law Report delivers essential analysis and authoritative commentary on key legislative, regulatory and judicial tax-related developments and their implications on your clients’ business.
MODERNIZE YOUR TRANSACTIONAL WORK
Find relevant transactional language from more than 200,000 real transactions using the DealMaker Document Search. Use a fielded search to combine keywords with targeted categories to quickly zero in on example language for agreements and other transactions. With separate search options for documents and clauses (the DealMaker Clause Search) your search can be as focused as needed, including searching by the law firm, attorney or party involved in the underlying transaction.
Additional Content Highlights:
- Regulatory Agency Materials feature an extensive collection of materials from the IRS and other Federal agencies:
INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE
- Revenue Rulings
- Revenue Procedures
- Private Letter Rulings (PLR)
- Technical Advice Memoranda (TAM)
- Information Letters
- News Releases
- Circular 230
- Internal Revenue Manual (IRM)
- FinCEN Materials
- OFAC Materials
EMPLOYEE BENEFIT SECURITY ADMINISTRATION (DOL)
- ERISA Advisory Opinions
- Information Letters
- EBSA Materials
PENSION BENEFIT GUARANTEE CORPORATION
- Appeals Board Decisions
- Opinion Letters
- PBGC Materials
SECURITIES & EXCHANGE COMMISSION
- SEC Materials
- EDGAR Filings Search
- Laws & Regulations feature Internal Revenue Code, indexes and archives, as well as the ability to easily search through detailed indexes of federal legislation and regulations, specific House and Senate bills, proposed Treasury regulations and more.
- Opinions & Dockets let you quickly search, save and share federal tax court opinions and dockets, as well as state court tax and accounting opinions.
- Bloomberg BNA Portfolios & Other Analysis give you in-depth guidance and detailed analysis. Portfolio categories as shown in the Tax Practice Center include:
- Accounting for Income Taxes
- Compensation Planning
- Estates, Gifts and Trusts
- Foreign Income
- Sales & Use Tax
- State Tax
- Transfer Pricing
- U.S. Income
- Fast Answers: Federal Tax
- Tax Practice Series
- Health Care Reform Adviser
- IRS Practice Adviser
- Books & Treatises consist of the below sampling of titles from Bloomberg BNA, Practising Law Institute (PLI) and Getting the Deal Through treatises:
- Section 409A Handbook
GETTING THE DEAL THROUGH
- Tax on Inbound Investment
PRACTISING LAW INSTITUTE
- Accountant’s Liability
- All About Tax Tips for Collectors
- Blattmachr on Income Taxation of Estates and Trusts
- Circular 230 Deskbook
- Internal Revenue Service Practice & Procedure Deskbook
- Manning on Estate Planning
- Sovereign Wealth Funds: A Legal, Tax and Economic Perspective
- Tax and Estate Planning with Real Estate, Partnerships and LLCs
- International Tax & Estate Planning: A Practical Guide for Multinational Investors
- Langer on Practical International Tax Planning
- Transfer Pricing Answer Book 2012
- Law Reviews & Journals are comprised of select Bloomberg BNA Law Review and Journal titles such as the Compensation Planning Journal, Financial Planning Journal and the International Journal, plus other non-Bloomberg BNA publications including The Tax Adviser and many others.
- Bloomberg News, Bloomberg Businessweek and the Tax News page, as well as dedicated legal blogs, together offer relevant news from thousands of sources.